Friday, November 26, 2010

Peace and Happiness???

Thanksgiving just happened yesterday. It was nice getting to relax but it didn’t feel like Thanksgiving and I’m afraid Christmas might not feel like Christmas. I think we’ve lost the meaning of it all. Thanksgiving isn’t a time to be thankful for what we have or a time to be with family anymore. It has become a time to complain about a football team; a time to tear down each other; a time to worry if everyone will like the turkey; a time to stress; and a time to ask what you want for Christmas. This past week I was watching a commercial and it was a countdown for a countdown??? Seriously and before Thanksgiving was over people were already starting to get ready for Christmas. We can’t even have one day of thanks?!?!  My family is limiting the presents that are passed out this year and at first I wasn’t too happy about it but the more I think about it the more I realize that I am already blessed with so much that I truly have forgotten what Christmas is about. We live from moment to moment seeking whatever is most fulfilling for us. “Whatever makes me happy.” I don’t want to live or think that ever again. “We need to live in the moment” as one of my English teachers would always say. This time of the year was not started to cause stress and headaches but peace and happiness. We’ve lost that somewhere along the way. Be thankful for the many blessing you have and know that this is the season of giving because God gave to us first.
-Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment